T.E. Atkins UM Wellness Program
The Healthy for Life program offers classes, workshops and guidance to assist Mizzou employees in developing healthier lifestyles.
Missouri Tobacco Quitline
In this free program counselors can help you create an easy-to-follow quitting plan. Features include:
- Quitting aids: Help choosing and managing nicotine substitutes or other medication.
- Quit guide: Workbook that you can refer to in any situation to help you stick with your plan.
- Quit Coach: Expert support and assistance by phone whenever you need it.
- Web Coach: A private online community where you can complete activities, watch videos, track your progress and join in discussions.
Columbia Boone County Health Department
Dedicated to curbing chronic disease, the Health Department offers smoking-cessation help for Boone County residents. Call for information about the program, which includes:
- Free counseling session.
- Free box of nicotine patches.
Phoenix offers Freedom From Smoking, an eight-session program designed to help you quit.The program includes:
- Workbooks and class materials.
- Nicotine replacement therapy products.
- Prescription reimbursement.
- Gift card rewards for successful program completion.
- Use your support program.
- Stay busy.
- Avoid tempting situations.
- Find new things to do.
- Remember the rewards of quitting.
- If you quit a pack-a-day smoking habit, you can save about $2,000 per year.
- If nobody smoked, one of every three cancer deaths in the United States could be prevented.
- Diabetics who quit smoking have better control over their blood sugar levels.